WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Pack up the decorations, it's over!

At least that's what they were saying at work today. Christmas was fun and I had a great time, but I'm glad it's over. I really need a break from all the cooking, cleaning and shopping. I intend to take a stitching day on Thursday which is my only remaining day off work this week. My painter is coming to paint a few rooms for us and I will stay out of her way and work on EGW.

So how was Christmas? Everyone get what they wanted? Erich and I had a really good Christmas. We both got gifts we were really happy with. I think his favorite was the gift card I got him to Best Buy for his graphics card so he can play all the games he's been drooling over. He's already taken apart the computer so he can take the tower in to get it installed this week. My favorite is either the big Silkweaver gift certificate from my mother-in-law or the autographed Paula Deen cookbook from Erich's aunt. Erich got me some really neat gifts too- the 5th Harry Potter audiobook, Final Fantasy XII, Zelda (Twilight Princess), an evil Sudoku book, and a few DVDs. I also got a really pretty stitched bookmark from my grandmother which I'll scan as soon as the computer gets put back together:)

Christmas Eve was a bit hectic with all the running around and last minute preparations. We did a lot of last minute cooking and cleaning in the morning and spent the late afternoon and evening at Erich's parents' home, church, and my grandparents' family gathering. It was nice to see everyone though.

Christmas Day went very well. We had gotten most things done ahead of time so all we really had to do was a bit of sweeping and straightening up and then the cooking that couldn't be done ahead of time. There wasn't that much, just baking the ham, mixing up a casserole to bake, and and heating up meatballs and barbecued mini hot dogs. We had a houseful of people too, so I'm glad I cooked as much as I did and it really helped that most people brought a dish too. I made sure to send plenty home with everyone too but somehow we still ended up with a bunch of food left over. Oh well, guess I don't have to cook for awhile.

This was our first large family gathering ever (didn't have room at the apartment) and both Erich and I spent a lot of time showing people around as many of them were seeing the house for the first time. We got a lot of compliments and it was really nice to hear them especially since we haven't had time to do many of the home improvement projects we want to yet. I'd love to have them all over again, but not for a little while. I need to catch up on sleep and stitching first.

Off to drool over the possibilities at Silkweaver...

5 comments:

Christine S said...

I saw your post on the Wagon about your gift certificate to Silkweaver...what an awesome gift!!! You'll definitely have to tell us how you spend it!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys had a lovely holiday, Sara. I just realized that I was in your neck of the woods last week. I was in Elkhart on Thursday & Friday. :-) I even got my picture taken with Santa in South Bend on Thursday night. He was set up right across from the South Bend Chocolate Company. OMG their hot chocolate is insanely delish!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! : ) I'm kinda glad it's over, too. The rushing around got to me this year. Had some issues with the ILs, too, which really just threw a huge wet blanket over the whole holiday. So it's a bit of a relief now that it's over, and I'm looking forward to the New Year!

Karin said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I wish I had more time off work this year, but it wasn't to be - maybe next year.

Arthemise said...

I'm still trying to pick up all the Christmas stuff. Ugh!