WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

TUSAL/WIPocalypse/End of the year (but not the world!)

Happy New Year! Sorry for neglecting you poor readers this holiday season but it just went by so fast with so much to do and all. Since the Christmas rush is done now I've actually gotten to do things like organize my mess of a craft room and even stitch a little so things are starting to look normal again:) The short list of what's been going on around here since I've been away...

-Josh turned 4:)
-Thanksgiving
-My mystery sinus pressure/pain/headache problem finally got solved (I think, fingers crossed the meds keep working)- migraines but not the traditional variety of course, that would have been way too easy!
-Adoption update- our dossier is finally complete after much emailing/calling/UPSing and is going through the final authentication steps before shipping it to Poland, should be there in Jan. 2013! Once it goes all we have to do is try to be patient and wait for the happy call that a child has been matched with us. And then all sorts of preparations start up again but we'll enjoy the relative calm until then.
-Josh's black nail came off leaving him with an exposed nail bed, should have bought stock in J&J for all the bandaids we've bought.
-Christmas- the man in red came and did his thing leaving us with one very happy 4 year old.
-Josh has discovered Legos thanks to some sets left by Santa which will lead to all sorts of fun future purchases and hopefully more trips to Legoland too. He was a little young last time but the adults sure had fun

Stitching time has been a little less than I wanted but I have managed to get some things done. Since I missed both the last TUSAL and WIPocalypse posts I'll try to get caught up now and get back to the current state of things for the next round...

TUSAL 12/13/12, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Not the best collection of orts and very late for the TUSAL check-in but you can sort of tell I've done a little stitching on Polar Lights Sampler lately. On to the latest pics for WIPocalypse which I'm not late for if you conveniently forget that I totally missed the post before this...

QSPirate Dragon 11/1/12


QS Pirate Dragon 12/27/12, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Almost finished that top page!

Mill Hill Toy Shop 11/1/12, MIll Hill Toy ShopChristmas Village Kit, started 10/2012


Toy Shop 12/5/12, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Finished another piece of the Mill Hill Christmas Village!

Polar Lights Sampler 7/30/


Polar Lights Sampler 12/27/12, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


This one hasn't seen the light of day in awhile, finished the right side of the border and filled in some more of the middle. Sorry for the wrinkly and apparently sideways update photo, I knew it was wrinkled but have no idea why it turned out sideways. I'll fix that someday when I'm not on the iPad. One more stitchy thing to share...

Cone DMC 12/27/12, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Found this while shopping online and had to have it- the 500 gram cone of DMC 310 for all a stitcher's Ink Circle mandala and HAED needs, pictured with a single DMC skein for comparison. Erich says I'll never have to buy black again. I hope not, this thing is equivalent to somewhere around 250 black skeins but the price was awesome so we'll see how long it lasts. I'm going to date the inside when I start using it which should be sometime in the next few months.

And finally some Josh-

Merry Christmas 12/13/12, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


My favorite Christmas pic from this year. If you look closely you might be able to see a few stitched ornaments on that tree but sadly none stitched by me. I'll need to correct that some year soon.

So the grand plan is to put together a wrap up WIPocalypse post and look at last year's progress and make plans for 2013 in the next few days or so. I did my traditional New Year's start last night so there will be pics of at least one new WIP this year. I've picked a HAED BAP- Dragon Master by Myles Pinkney. I had it as a huge wall poster in college and was thrilled when HAED picked up Pinkney as an artist. It's been in my stash awhile and I definitely don't expect to finish in 2013 (it's 525x965 stitches) but its time to start at least so first stitches went in last night. I'm starting with the bottom so it will take awhile to get anywhere near the fun part but I'll get a pic up as soon as there's something substantial to look at.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Happy New Year Sara - looks like you had a lovely Christmas, and you've made some wonderful stitchy progress!