WIPocalypse 2012

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2012 Goals

So I talked a little about my SAL plans for 2012 but didn't really look at actual goals. I found my list from last year, here's how I did...

2011's goals

-Stitch and frame L&L's Celtic Autumn for my grandmother
-Kill at least 2 WIP's in my pile- finished Flamingo and Hydrangea Pillow
-Start HAED Dragon Master and complete at least 1 full page
-Complete another full page of Dragon Moon
-Use a new finishing technique on ornaments
-Frame Santa's Magic

1 out of 6 isn't the greatest but I did have 16 finishes last year including Celtic Autumn (just haven't gotten around to framing it yet) so that's got to count for something, right?

Goals for this year will not be ambitious, I remember the year we brought Josh home and expect that we'll be in for a wild ride this time around as well. Sorry I haven't shared much detail this time around, there just hasn't been that much to share. We're currently waiting for region assignment and a referral which could happen anytime between now and the fall according to current estimates. I promise I'll let you know whatever I can share as soon as I know though.

But back to goals I think I can accomplish in 2012...

-Make all TUSAL posts
-Make all WIPocalypse posts
-Finish at least 2 current WIPs
-Try a new finishing technique for ornaments
-Finish off the JBW I stitched in 2011 so they can be given as gifts
-Try to stick to 2 finishes for every new start

For the most part, I'm going to try to kill off some old WIPs and not make too many new starts to take their place. We'll see how it goes.


3 comments:

Erin said...

Your goals sound a lot like mine... :)

I really love following your adoption journey, too. DH and I are still considering adoption in the future - we were never sure that pregnancy was going to work for us, and while we are thrilled that it did, we're not certain we want to try again. Juvenile diabetes and pregnancy was scary enough without a toddler in the mix!

Ali O'Donnell said...

Beat of luck with your goals!

Qiqi Nur Indah Sari said...

Nice poost thanks for sharing