WIPocalypse 2012

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Last TUSAL for 2011

I know I'm really late on this one but Christmas and work have kept me pretty busy the past few days. I did get to use my parents' gift to our family for this post though- a new digital camera. Our old one has been misbehaving quite a bit the last few months, mostly the lens doesn't want to extend when it is turned on so it errors and won't take pictures. It's been taking a dozen or more tries turning it on to get it to work lately. I'm sure the poor thing is just worn out. We've had it over 5 years and it has had quite a workout with Josh and our 3 trips to Russia plus all the other trips we've taken and all the stitchy pics too. We were planning on replacing it sometime before the next trip to Russia but now we don't have to thanks to my parents. Only had a chance to play with it a little so far but I can tell already it is much nicer than the old one!

Anyway, I do have one last TUSAL pic for the year...

TUSAL 12/28/11


As you can see, the orts on top are mostly green with a few gold ones underneath. They're all from Watergarden which is coming along nicely. I'm done with the gate and fence on the left side and have moved on to filling in the pond in the upper left corner. I'll get a picture up in a few days when I do my first WIPocalypse post. I'll probably do one more pic of my ort jar too before I empty it out on Sunday.

In case you're not familiar with these SALs, the Totally Useless Stitchalong is hosted by Daffycat and is just a fun way to show everyone what you've been stitching by showing off your ort collection every new moon. The WIPocalypse Stitchalong is hosted by Measi and is starting 1/1/12. It started with the question if the world were really ending next December, what would you be sorry you hadn't stitched? As far as I know both SALs are open to everyone so check them out if you haven't already.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Cahtelaines make for very pretty orts! I hope you had a lovely Christmas!