WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, October 25, 2010

Where did October go?

I think I missed it. Seriously, it was just September and now all of the sudden all my leaves are down and it's time to trick or treat. I'd like to say that I've been off having grand adventures but honestly it's mostly been work and keeping my son happy. He's doing well, just crabby over a growth spurt and some new teeth. I know, I'm still whining about teeth. Poor kid, he's been getting new teeth almost the whole time we've had him home. About the time he finally gets a full set they'll start to fall out again. Oh well, nights like last night are what make it worth it- good bath-time, snack, and a couple readings of Goodnight Moon before bed ending with him blowing kisses as I shut the door to his room make it all okay:)

I'm really looking forward to Halloween this weekend and definitely promise pictures of Joshua in his lion costume. He's been practicing his roar all month. We're planning to hit a few houses but mostly just visit the grandparents.

We're also in the planning stages for Joshua's birthday party which will be taking place in a few weeks. Our big plans for the evening are to hit the party store and find some invitations and fun decorations and party hats. Must have hats! Joshua found a few old birthday hats the other day and loved wearing them so hats are definitely on the list. I can't belive he's about to turn 2 already! It seems like just yesterday we were looking at pictures of him at a year old and wondering when we'd be allowed to bring him home.

I do have a couple stitchy pics to share as well. A few more small finishes...

Tricks or Treats by Val's Stuff from the Sept/Oct 2010 JCS issue. I know, I need to find some candy corn buttons. Thought I had some in stash but I guess not, good reason to make an order from somewhere though!

Tricks or Treats9/22/10


And Caroline by Miss Crescent's Crowne from the 2009 JCS ornament issue. I think this one is going to be a Christmas present for someone this year, just haven't decided who yet.

Caroline 9/27/10


And finally, the big project I've been working on. I don't know why but I've had the urge to stitch over 1 this month so I pulled out a HAED WIP, Dragon Moon. I haven't stitched on it much this year but it got interesting as soon as I hit the green of the dragon so I've stuck with it most of the month. I'm almost done with my current page so I'm going to try to finish this week and then see how I feel about moving on to the next page or maybe a new project for awhile. Sometime I'm going to have to put stitching on hold and finish off all those Christmas ornaments.

Dragon Moon 10/25/10


Not much else to report. I've been blessed with a little free time this afternoon while waiting for delivery men to show up with my new fridge. The old clunker we inherited from the previous owners of this house finally decided to give it up so we're getting a new one today. I've got about half an hour more to wait according to the call I just got so I'll try to update a few little things on the blog and then maybe make it around to some of your entries.

2 comments:

Christine S said...

Lovely stitching progress! Have fun planning the party!

Cheryl said...

We're supposed to *finish* ornaments? Says who? You mean they don't like being stuffed in a drawer never to see the light of day?

Can't believe the little guy is 2?!?! You'll have to share party pics so we can celebrate virtually.

It seems I, too, blinked and missed October. It's what happens when you have kids.