WIPocalypse 2012

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Sorry for the neglect

I don't have a great excuse, just work drama and life in general. Mostly work drama which is testing the limits of my patience with the company I work for but you don't really want to hear about that. It may work out for the best yet, we'll see.

Other than that, life's been good. Today's a bit of an anniversary- 4 months since we picked Joshua up to come home for good. It amazes me how he's changed from this...


Joshua 5/10


To this in such a short time...

10/7/10


Now granted that smile only lasted a few minutes after the photo because the red bus in the background didn't do what he wanted but it's a major difference from the little guy who didn't talk at all and really didn't play with toys or want to read books a short time ago. He's currently sitting behind me and repeating everything the bus says. Life's good again:)

We actually found a day that all 3 of us had off not too long ago and took Joshua to the zoo for the first time. It was a nice cloudy morning, not too warm and not too crowded. Just a couple of other moms and their kids running around and us. Not all of the animals were out but there were enough and we got to see Joshua's new favorite animal, the lion. I held him up so he could get a good look and he gave the lion his best roar. The lion wasn't really impressed, I'm not sure he even looked up from his nap but we'll not tell Joshua that. Anyway, he had a good time and I think we might just become patrons to save a little money on admission.

I've been stitching too. Not as much as I want to but still plugging along. Erich has been no help as he's recently purchased both of the Professor Layton games I was missing for DS. I had finished The Diabolical Box awhile ago and am almost all the way through The Unwound Future but haven't played The Curious Village at all yet so it's been quite a dilemma in the evening. So far the Professor has won out more often than stitching but I've finished a few more smalls and made a little progress on Skeleton Crew too.

Skeleton Crew 10/1/10


The only small I've got a picture of today is one of the Mill Hill kits I bought recently. It's the Cardinal Tree out of their Festival of Trees series. I'm sure it'll be a Christmas present to someone this year.

Cardinal Tree 10/1/10


Many thanks to my patient model, the Purdue bear:) I'll try to get pictures of the rest of the ornaments soon. For now, it's time for early lunch and hopefully an early nap for Joshua because this afternoon we're going to visit Grandma and Grandpa who are camping in a nearby campground.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW has he grown! Momma and Daddy are taking good care of him! Really does sound as if he's made incredible progress. That's so exciting to read!

Oh, and you will be happy to know that Diva is seriously considering Purdue. She wants to be a chemical engineer. Purdue has such an awesome co-op program. So, we'll likely make a college visit within the next year.

Christine S said...

Awww, Joshua is so cute! Glad to hear that he's doing well. Great job on your stitching projects!

Jo said...

Joshua looks so happy - you've made such a huge difference to his life (and him to yours and Erich's, I am sure!). Your stitching is looking lovely - the little Mill Hill kit is adoreable.