WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm done!!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my QS Pegasus and Castle Bubble:) It's been a fun piece to work on even though I'm only bringing it out for the SAL Challenge weekends.

I finished it. It made me laugh and cry and now I'm a little let down knowing they'll probably be no more, Harry Potter that is. I won't put any spoilers in here but overall I was satisfied with the last book. There were things I would have liked changed of course, but I think the author did a good job of covering everything she had to. The epilogue left me wanting more but I honestly think that it would have no matter what had been written in it.

It's kind of been a Harry Potter weekend and week so far at my house. I went on Friday night and picked up the pre-ordered book at the local bookstore and immediately started reading it, finishing on Sunday afternoon. Erich has started the book and was about a third of the way through it last time I checked. It's really killing me not to talk to him about it but I've been very good so far. In the meantime, I'm listening to it again as I stitch because we got the audiobook on sale at Target and it was a really good deal with our discount. I'm hoping to catch some of the small things that I'm sure I missed the first time around.

Other than that, I've been trying to finish my biscornu for the exchange I'm participating in. I was finished with the top design and about halfway through the bottom when I realized that I'm going to run out of thread and that there isn't enough time to get more because of course I'm using a specialty thread that I would have to order online. Grrr. I was really happy with the design too. But, I've found a color combination that I think I like better and am partway through restitching the top design. I'll share pics after the piece reaches its recipient.

101 in 1001 update- Crossed off 2 more items! I did indeed pick up my Harry Potter at midnight (#98) and we bought a new vacuum (#32). I am loving the Dyson we bought! Erich put it together last night and used it on the living room carpet and it sucked up more junk that the old vacuum would if we used it on the whole house full of rugs. Leland hates it of course but then again he didn't like the old vacuum either. We have to keep it hidden away in the closet, he won't even walk by if it's out.

And finally- 2 more days til we leave for Brickyard!! I have tomorrow off to make up for working a 13 hour day on Thursday and we're leaving as soon as Erich gets home on Friday night. We're planning to go see qualifying on Saturday and the race of course on Sunday and then drive home afterward as it's only about a 3 hour drive. Hopefully it will be exciting. We've never been to the Indy track before so we're not sure if we have good seats or not.

No comments: