Holy cow, I've been tagged 3 times that I know of for this one so I better get to it:)
I’ve been tagged by Karen, Melissa and Melissa. First, the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I will be in line at midnight to collect my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is released in July.
2. I've seen Alice Cooper in concert twice.
3. At my senior class award breakfast I was actually given a special award by the department head for my dedication and successful completion of more science courses than anyone else in the class. (I took a class semester and doubled up at least 4 semesters that I can remember. I took courses in biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, and astronomy.)
4. My BB nickname started as a screen name at one of those bars that has the trivia game that you play from your table/booth. I couldn't think of anything else at the time.
5. I break out in a nasty looking rash every time we stay in a hotel so much so that I'm taking my own sheets next time. I suspect it's something in the industrial grade soap/bleach that causes it. (Benadryl and hydrocortisone do nothing, it just takes about two weeks of patient waiting to get rid of it)
6. I was a little nervous when I started this blog that no one would ever read it and I'd get frustrated and give up but I'm glad I gave it a shot now:)
7. My name was supposed to be Katie but my dad changed his mind at the last minute because he said I just looked like a Sara.
8. Some of my relatives were bootleggers during Prohibition times and my great great grandmother spent a night in jail because of it.
Now the hard part- finding 8 people who haven't been tagged! I'll tag Karin, Hazel, Suz, Louanne, Carolyn, Michelle, Cindy, and anyone else who wants to play along.
So, there's not a whole lot going on this weekend. I'm working so that means stitching time will be precious though I'm definitely intending to sneak in an hour or two after work tonight while I get my weekly fix of crappy, fake reality TV and I'm not naming the show because you'll all laugh at me:) It's SAL Challenge weekend on the HAED BB so I'll be putting away my QS Dragonfly and bringing out the Wall QS piece I'm working on. I'll have some pics after the SAL of both.
If I can make the digicam behave I'll give you a few shots of the irises I discovered growing on the side of the house the other day. It seems the old owners did like flowers. I kind of wondered if they had an aversion to flowers when we originally looked at the house last year as there was nothing but boring ground cover. As Spring goes on I'm discovering some lovely purple irises and something yellow too, not sure what it is til it blooms but the leaves look like more irises. And these are all on the other side of the fence too so my dear puppy Leland can't get at them:) I think we need some new pics of him too, he's getting huge! Maybe next time.