WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

WIPocalypse 2019 Recap/2020 Intro

So blogging didn’t happen in 2019. Had some image hosting issues at the beginning of the year and then work and family stress took over. Had two major family deaths- my mother-in-law, who was a big supporter of my craft, and also my grandfather. We also lost our 12 year old American Bulldog who occasionally appeared here. Somehow we’ve made it to the last day of 2019 and I’m sorry to see that my last check in was January but I’m grateful to be here now and hopeful for a much brighter 2020. 

Looking back I don’t actually have a lot of cross stitch to show but I did make a little progress, had a couple new starts, and did a bunch of beadwork. My goals for 2020 are pretty modest- annual Christmas ornaments for the kids, handmade Christmas presents for close family, and mostly stitch/bead from stash. 

A look back at 2019’s work-

DiMarca Halloween stars

Christmas pods

Tale of Beads Christmas star

DiMarca kaleidocycle

Tracy Lorraine Holly boxes

Plaid destined to eventually be a spider from my EGA

Sam Sarah pieces from JCS issues

More Christmas pods

Lady Lunar Cat Easter stars

My first kaleidocycle 

Coppervein 1/2019 and 12/31/19


Russian nights sampler

Mill Hill sleighs 

I’m not sure why Blogger opted to randomize and rotate some of my pics but we’ll go with it today and aim to fix it next time. My first goal for January is to finish off the 2019 pod ornaments for my boys. I started them before Christmas but needed to borrow a couple to use as presents and promised the boys remakes in their chosen colors. Hoping to put a bit of work into my own Holly box as well as one for my father-in-law. Also planning to put some more stitches into either Coppervein or the Russian sampler. January also happens to be my birthday month so all plans subject to change depending on gifts received. The DH has my crafty wishlist and knows where to buy.

Hope everyone has a bright and peaceful start to 2020. See you all at the end of January.


1 comment:

Astrids dragon said...

All your beading and stars look fantastic, and that kaleidocycle looks so cool!
The sleds are great, I've only stitched one of them.