WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, June 25, 2017

June WIPocalypse

Hi there, sorry about last month. Life got kind of crazy for a bit but is hopefully settling down again. We had kind of a blur of First Communion, Celebration, end of school, soccer season, and Mom had knee replacement surgery all combined with extra shifts at work to help cover summer vacations. 

I did make it to Celebration and had a wonderful time. There is definitely no other event quite like this around me. I came home relaxed, with new friends, new stitchy ideas, some new stash, and a definite stitchy bug.  I had a chance to meet such stitching celebrities as Erin of  Fairy Tales and French Knots, Abi of you tube fame and last but certainly not least Measi herself. There were tons of other awesome stitchers too but those are the ones I know of off the top of my head with an online presence. A couple quick pics I took since I'm sure everyone has shared bunches already-

IMG_0523

IMG_0524

I've got lots of WIP pics since I skipped last month so let's dig right in. I got my birth
announcement framed just in time to start another soon for another cousin due in the fall...

IMG_0522

There's Dragon Master, where there still is no dragon or master but I did achieve flame...    

 IMG_0528

Then there's Country Cottage Needlework's Love Birds which I stitched mostly at Celebration
and finished shortly after...

Lovebirds

One of my stash acquisitions at Celebration was a fat half of Slate linen from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie which I'm using part of for the Hands On Design Chalkboard ornaments that came out last year. I'm thinking of adding real jingle bells to a few instead of stitched ones so Be Jolly isn't quite done yet. Here's where I'm at now.

IMG_0527

And finally I'm almost finished with Little House Needlework's America, just in time for July 4th though I don't know if I'll have time to get it display-ready this week. 

IMG_0526

Lovebirds and America are part of a series of seasonal smalls I'm hoping to finish for my Mom.
My parents just downsized into a condo and she's gotten rid of tons of her old decorations (non-stitched pieces) so I bought her a small easel for her new mantle (which hasn't been installed yet but will be) and have planned a number of pieces to finish flat to display there throughout the year. I've started another CCN piece too but it's in timeout for being off a single stitch that's going to cause me to frog a bunch to fix. I'll show you that one later when I'm not angry at it anymore. 

Finally, my stitching space. It isn't really all that exciting since I have to hide the stitching stuff from my twins until I'm ready to stitch but this is my recliner in the family room with my favorite fleece blanket since our family room is in the basement and it gets cold down there.
I've got a decent floor lamp with a small adjustable light and a side table big enough for coffee and a WIP.

IMG_0525


That's all until next month, stay cool and keep stitching! 

2 comments:

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Sounds like you had a great time at Celebration. All your projects look lovely; especially America and Lovebirds.

Claudette497 said...

Your stitching looks wonderful!