WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, May 01, 2017

April WIPocalypse

Not tons of progress to share this month. Spring activities are in full swing and my oldest son has started his soccer season in addition to making his First Communion yesterday at church which meant a big family party with lots of family and prep work. Completely worth it though, he had a great day and a big smile on his face.




And now I'm officially on the countdown to Celebration of Needlework, two more sleeps! 

So what did I do this month? Well, I gave the angel some wings...



And I also made a start on Castles in the Air. It's being stitched on Lupine 32ct linen from Picture This Plus with DMC 712. I'm planning on swapping the charted text with a quote so I'm attempting to work across the bottom and then I'll start placing my lines of text and work out the final version. Getting close to the edge!



Those are really my only 2 projects from the last month outside of kitting some smalls for Celebration. I'm planning on stitching until I can't see straight and having an excellent time meeting new stitchers as well as some I've known online for years. And if you happen to be there and see a stitcher with an awesome flamingo tote please stop by and say hi!


3 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely stitching! And First Communion Day, I know that's cause for celebration! I see you're from northern Indiana. I'm from Hammond originally, and now live in Georgia.
Cathy

Erin said...

I'll be at Celebration! I wander a lot, but if I'm sitting it is usually with about 4 or 5 other ladies from New York State. We love new people!! I'll probably be working on...either my Judith Kirby piece or maybe Mirabilia's "M" Fairy, and all my stuff is in a Classic Winnie the Pooh giant diaper bag/tote. :)

OhSewCrafty said...

First Communion looked like a great day. Love your castles in the air on that linen, gorgeous color. Have fun at Celebration!