WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June WIPocalypse

Thanks for all your congrats and kind words on my finish last time. Still haven't made it to the framer but hopefully will soon. It's been a bit hectic with our recent trip and work and now we've been hit by some storms this week that have left my parents without power and some family with minor storm damage so we'll be busy with house guests and helping clean up the next couple days. I wanted to at least stop by with a quick with a quick WIPocalypse update before things get too crazy though. No new starts this round and I don't think I really have anything that qualifies for the suggested themes but I did have a finish that I'll share one more time:)

QS Pirate Dragon 6/5/13 photo image_zps8dd4f5db.jpg


That's QS Pirate Dragon, charted by HAED and art by Lisa Victoria. It took me about a year to finish though I did work on it on and off. Josh is very excited that its done though he thinks he's claiming the next project I've been working on too...

Dragon Master 6/25/13 photo null_zpsca24b6fa.jpg


That is my first partial and a half page of HAED's Dragon Master (artwork by Myles Pinkney). I actually started it this past New Year's Eve but didn't make any real progress until this past month. I think it's safe to say this is my largest project to date, measuring in at 525x965 stitches. It will be stitched over 1 on 28 count fabric so it won't be quite as giant as it could be but the fabric is still longer than Josh!

HAED Dragon Master fabric photo 099DF595-C105-4548-9579-C1E6C8873E0D-7100-000005AF6AA260E3.jpg


Josh held up the fabric for the camera before I started in December. I think it'll be fun to see how much bigger he gets by the time I finish. That's about it for now. Off to try to get a few stitches in before company arrives!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Congrats on the finish! It's very cute. As is your son holding the fabric :)

Jo said...

Good luck with the HAED - Pirate Dragon is AMAZING!