WIPocalypse 2012

Friday, January 31, 2020

January WIPocalypse

I made it back for a check-in, already doing better than last year! And I mostly kept to plans, even better. 2020 is definitely off to a promising start, I feel like I can accomplish quite a bit this year. As promised I finished the last snowflake pod for my son but sadly forgot to snap a pic before it got stashed away with the Christmas decorations until much later this year. Fear not though, it was a replica of the purple/gold/white one in last month’s pictures so you’re not really missing anything new. I also worked on both Coppervein and the Russian sampler. Coppervein is slow going at the moment as I truly despise the almost white on white stitching in the current section but I will slowly force my way through it. The Russian sampler, on the other hand, is coming together quickly. I managed to finish off the letters and am so close to a border finish.




I also managed to bead a Star for my Mom, Dimarca’s Heart Star. It is a free pattern on her site. Gave it to Mom as part of her birthday present and she loved it. Still working on adjusting my pics so they’re not sideways! 



Sadly the holly boxes did not get any love this month but there’s always February and I hope to make them my beading focus in the coming month. I have a feeling the Russian sampler is going to command most of my attention as I’m coming up on the fun part, the St. Basil’s center, and I hope to work on Coppervein a bit more as well. My other goal for the month is making it around to all the other blogs, missed you all last year and hope to have more time for blog hopping this year. 

In answer to Measi’s monthly question about SALs for 2020 I am participating in none. Too many WIPs and not a lot of crafty budget make it an easy choice for the most part except for a certain FB beading group that insists on posting gorgeous BAL projects. I’m trying hard to print them and tuck away for later and am succeeding so far but I never did spend my birthday money so maybe one day. 

See you all in a month!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your wips look wonderful and the beaded star is really beautiful.