WIPocalypse 2012

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

August WIPocalypse

So I blinked and time has jumped from those first days of summer vacation to all the kiddos back in school. Yes, all of them.

Untitled

I now have a fourth grader and two preschoolers which means lots of extra driving since preschool is only half days but also a bit of really quiet time in the house. It completely confuses the dog and is a tempting stitchy break when I happen to be home for it. I’d like to say I worked on lots of projects since my last post but I haven’t, just two in fact. I have continued the beaded stars and finished several over the last couple months. It probably helps that we’ve had some long car trips and the warped squares that form the stars are easily done while riding in the passenger seat. I work with a small amount of beads at a time in a plastic bowl nestled into a small blanket or jacket on my lap to help steady it and so far no spills.

Untitled

The other project for the summer has been Coppervein. Just looked at the last post pic and I’ve come a long way since May. I think I’m on track to finish off the first column by the end of the year if I keep going, maybe the first partial page of the second column to meet back up with the random second column page already finished.

Untitled

I almost never remember to look at the question of the month but today I did so... Question of the Month:Which is more satisfying to you and why – the process of stitching a piece, or the finish? Both, actually. Finishing a quick project is quite satisfying especially if I can actually finish it off into a usable object quickly too but there’s something about the process of working through a large project and watching the small elements come together and gradually form a complete project that is also very satisfying. Been thinking about September plans and I think it’s going to be more of the same. I really want to finish off a few more stars because Christmas is starting to get uncomfortably close. I’d also like to work through close to another page of Coppervein while it is still interesting. I know I’ll eventually get bored with it and have to rotate to something else for a bit but I want to get through as much as possible until then. See you all at the end of September!

No comments: