WIPocalypse 2012

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February WIPocalypse check in

My update will be pretty short and sweet this month. My original Olympics plan got derailed by both Zelda and the stuffed beaded stars. Not only did I finish the blue one I showed last time but several more as well.  They don’t all have their little rhinestone centers yet but only because  I’ve found I need some good tweezers for placement and I want to try to glue them all in one big batch so I only have to deal with the glue fumes once.

Untitled

Untitled

I can’t complain too much about them taking up my stitching time though since they are going to be Christmas presents and now hopefully I won’t be frantically trying to finish things off in December. We’ll see if I can keep on track. I’m getting more requests for them by the day it seems! This is where the pattern can be purchased if you are interested. They aren’t difficult once you get through the first piece or two and memorize the start. 

The sad little bit of actual stitching I did get done was on Castles. Thank you for the kind words on the last post about fabric choice.  I decided the over one was too much to do all at once so I’m trying to alternate strands of over one with some of the regular stitching. Seeing the rest of the design start to emerge really makes me want to keep going on this one but I really need to show poor Coppervein some love in March too. Tune in next time to find out who wins my attention!

Untitled

So March plans- probably more stars and hopefully a combination of Castles in the Air and Coppervein. I think I’ve got most of the obsessive Zelda playing out of my system now so hopefully that won’t eat up too much of my crafty time. Been spending some time watching our oldest son play and helping him out lately which leaves my hands free to bead or stitch so maybe I’ll have a more productive March.

In other stitchy news the registration is up for Celebration of Needlework in NH this May. We have the money and I can take the vacation time so I got registered and am counting down the days until my plane leaves. Very much looking forward to seeing everybody I stitched with last year again and making some new friends too.



6 comments:

Sandy said...

love your beaded stars, makes me want to pull out a beading project I fully understand the over one and doing it in small spurts. Ddi a bunch myself this month. lovely work

Rhona said...

Those beaded stars are fantastic!

Terri said...

Love, love, LOVE the beaded stars!

Have fun in NH!

OhSewCrafty said...

The beaded stars are gorgeous, love the jewel tones. And castles looks great! Have fun in NH.

Astrids dragon said...

Such beautiful beaded stars, so colourful.
I really love how your Castles look on the fabric!

Barbara said...

In our simple life, love plays a very specific role. Now we are able to make your love life healthy and no space for any type of trouble. These all are possible with the help of Dr. EKPEN of SOLUTION TEMPLE. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back within 48hours who left me for another woman. You can also contact him on EKPENTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or add him on WHATSAPP +2347050270218 and be happy forever like am now with his experience.