WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, January 29, 2018

January WIPocalypse Check In

Happy almost February everyone! Thanks for all the happy and stitchy 2018 wishes. I tried to hit as many blogs as 3 kids in the house allows last month and loved seeing everyone’s WIPocalypse plans. I did okay in January though of course my original plans were immediately derailed in favor of a few unexpected projects. 

I made it a couple weeks on Watergarden and then kind of stalled out here...

Watergarden 1/28/18

Got about halfway down the right hand side, not too bad for one round. And not to worry, stitchy bug wasn’t gone. The stitchy ADD kicked in because I found Castles in the Air on the WIP pile and decided now would be a good time to start the lettering so I have at least a little progress to show in May at Celebration. As you can see I’ve opted for some alternate text. It will eventually be the Thoreau quote about castles in the air. I’ve always liked that one and this seems a pretty appropriate piece for it. This one is being stitched on 32 count Lupine linen with DMC 712.

Castles in the Air 1/24/18

My final project for the month has been to start something not so stitchy. I’ve been following a few Facebook stitchers who have been turning out beaded stars like crazy (pattern here) and decided that these should be Christmas gifts. I’ve never done this sort of beading before but I have not had any trouble after figuring out the start. So far I’m almost done with the first one done in size 11 Delicas as the pattern suggests and I started a second with a red/pink mix of Czech glass beads almost the same size. They’re not quite as precision cut as the Delica brand but I saw them at Hobby Lobby and loved the color mix so I thought I’d give them a try. I haven’t seen anyone do anything but solid colors in the main part of the star but I love the way the first section looks so far, both colors and the way the beads are lining up. I see quite a few more stars in my future as several people have already requested them as Christmas gifts, my boys included. I know I said I was doing Mill Hill sleds for them but that may turn into a 2019 plan. Chris has already claimed my blue star and Josh has eyes on the green beads I bought but we’ll see when I get a few more done. 

Untitled

I do have some stitchy plans for the next month, we’ll see if they stick. Hoping to continue the stars and finish at least the blue one if not the red one too.  I plan on trying to finish the lettering for Castles or at least getting as far as I can before the Stitching Olympics start and then picking up Coppervein for the rest of the time before check in. It’s going to be February so no kid sports and the weather is likely to be cold so hoping for lots of stitchy time as long as I don’t get derailed by the Nintendo Switch. I got the newest Legend of Zelda for my birthday this month and it has seriously eaten into my stitching time despite being passed between my husband, oldest son and me. 

3 comments:

Michelle Garrette said...

Sara I *LOVE* your colorway for Castles in the Air. And I had to go look up that Thoreau quote but it's going to be perfect. Those stars are SO cool and I can't wait to see more of them. Happy Stitching.

Pam said...

Oh I love your fabric on the Castles in the Air piece. Hopefully you can get more stitchy time in with the 3 littles growing around you. Until next month--Stitch on!

Barbara said...

In our simple life, love plays a very specific role. Now we are able to make your love life healthy and no space for any type of trouble. These all are possible with the help of Dr. EKPEN of SOLUTION TEMPLE. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back within 48hours who left me for another woman. You can also contact him on EKPENTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or add him on WHATSAPP +2347050270218 and be happy forever like am now with his experience.