WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Happy 2017!


New year, fresh start. Time to empty out the 2016 orts and start over. 2016 wasn't the best year for me but not the absolute worst either. We lost some family members, dealt with some illness (extended family), but also took some fun trips, spent good times with friends and had a little more free time for hobbies. My 2016 ort jar is definitely more full than the last couple despite being shook up and dumped a few times by my favorite helpers. The boys are all a year older and have grown so much since last January.


I'm excited for so many things in 2017- more soccer for Josh, a trip to Celebration of Needlework for me in May, and of course another year of Measi's WIPocalypse SAL. My blogging and stitching has been spotty over the last couple years with babies in the house but I'm hoping to improve on that this year. 

So welcome if this is your first visit and here's a short intro- I'm Sara, wife, Mom of 3 boys, retail pharmacist and stitcher of BAPs (note that does not read finisher!). I love the big pieces but I stitch
plenty of smaller things too. My taste in designers ranges from tiny Mill Hill kits to Teresa Wentzler
and Heaven and Earth designs and lots in between. 

My goal for 2017 is simple- stitch. As I said, I have 3 boys in the house, an 8 year old and twin 2 year olds, so my stitching time has been limited to nap time and after bedtime. The twins will sometimes
allow me to stitch on something simple while they play and watch cartoons lately though I am getting lots of "help" while I do. I guess I will have to organize my stitching by complexity this year- ornaments and small pieces during the day and HAED and other larger pieces at night. As far as specific pieces I don't have a solid list for 2017 but there are 3 main HAED pieces I'd like to make progress on...

Coppervein, my main focus as it is a gift for my brother-


Space Traveler, pretty equally for me and my husband-


Dragon Master, definitely for me-


There are a number of smaller pieces I'd like to work in as well. The only must is the Vervaco birth announcement I'm working on for my cousin who has a baby boy due in February. Here's my current starting spot on that...


The rest of my very fluid list includes but is in no way limited to

-a yet to be determined block from CCN's Frosty Forest set for my Mom
-a Mill Hill Christmas village kit
-maybe some of the chalkboard ornaments from Hands On Designs
-a possible start on Death By Cross Stitch from Long Dog Samplers
-some things I haven't even thought of yet but will see at Celebration

I'm off to a good start at the very least since this should be posted on time (writing on 12/31). I'm also excited to be part of Measi's Facebook group this year. I'm on FB every day anyway so it's a great quick place to check in though I love the idea of keeping the blog for goals and longer check ins. See you all at the end of the month for the first check in! 


6 comments:

Susan said...

I too am a BAP stitcher - without the complication of children (unless the DH counts and he is worse than DS ever was). You have a wonderful collection of pieces. Best of luck this year.

Sandy said...

I'm always so impressed by HAED stitchers, while I know technically I could stitch them, I know I wouldn't do it well. All of your projects look incredible. Can't wait to see more and happy about FB too. I'm on it most days as well, but more of a lurker than a poster.

Sandy

Carol said...

I have to admit that, while I consider myself a BAP stitcher, HAED scares me witless. And I only have cats to interfere with sritching time!

Good luck n your finishing. It looks a daunting task...

Sue said...

GOod luck with your finishing. You have very cute helpers.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet pictures of your boys! Enjoy it, they grow up way too fast!
I love what you're working on, especially the TARDIS!

Cathy said...

Have fun working on all of these pretty projects. Your helpers are so cute! Looking forward to seeing your stitching progress!