WIPocalypse 2012

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WIPocalypse and Turtle Trot- Better late than never!

Its February WIPocalypse and Turtle Trot  check in time and I'm only a few days late so you get two check ins for the price of one this month.  Since  I completely missed the first check in for both, I'll tell you now that my expectations for these SALs this year are pretty modest and I'm really just happy to be getting some stitching time.  I'm hoping to make some progress on a few WIPs and maybe stitch a few ornaments but not a lot of specific goals here. So far I'm doing pretty well as I've got two ornaments stitched for WIPocalypse (ok, one was technically finished in 2014 but barely as the last stitches were a few minutes before midnight on 12/31). Both are from the 2014 JCS ornament issue. The first is the SamSarah design and the second is from The Prairie Schooler.  This completes my 2014 ornies for the kids, snowmen for the twins and Santa picked out by Josh.  Hopefully they'll be on our 2015 tree!

 
 

And my progress on Fish City counts for both SALs...




 
And let's not forget the WIPocalypse question of the month-

How do you overcome the feeling that you're in a rut with a particular project?

Easy- put it down and do something else for awhile.  It might be a day or a year or more but unless its obligation stitching I put it down until it feels fresh and fun again. This is a hobby so to me it isn't worth it if I'm not enjoying it.  I spend plenty of time doing not so fun things like dishes and changing diapers so the precious little hobby time I get better be worth it and if that means putting down my stitching entirely for a week or two to read a book or get some extra gaming time then that's what happens.  It will always be there when I'm ready to thread my needle again.  

That's about it for now, don't forget to keep those comments to my GYB post coming to enter my giveaway by Feb 15 and I'm still slowly working my way through the GYB party posts so I may be visiting you soon.
 

2 comments:

Deb said...

Love your fish city!! Great WIP's!

Claudette497 said...

I love Fish City! I'll enjoy watching it grow!