WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Snow Day

Greetings from the middle of a snowstorm! Yup, we're smack in the middle of the snow that's getting dumped on the midwest right now.  I tried to get the dog to stay out long enough for a picture so you could see that it's halfway covering his legs already but he wasn't having it so you'll have to settle for an empty snowy backyard:)

 

It's early afternoon here and they've already called off school for tomorrow so that has made for a happy kindergartener here.  Wish they'd call off work but pharmacies don't close unless the power goes so I'm not wishing too hard!  I'll just enjoy the view from the warm house today and cuddle some babies while we get ready for the Super Bowl tonight. No one cares much for either team so we're watching for the commercials this year and focusing on some tasty snacks.  I might even get some stitching in if the little guys cooperate.  I've made some progress on Fish City since the last post...

 

I've been taking advantage of those long sleep stretches we've been getting at night and putting in a couple hours before bed here and there.  It's slow progress but better than no progress.

Before I go, thanks to all those who have visited from the Grow Your Blog party.  I really appreciate your visits and comments.  I'm slowly reading blogs and I plan to at least get around to everyone who visited and commented here but I'm hoping to visit quite a few more.  Don't forget to comment on my previous post by Feb 15 to enter a giveaway.  You don't have to be new and you don't have to be part of the GYB party, just leave me a comment and make sure I have a way to get in touch with you later.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute fish. Looks great.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Hi Sara! Thanks for coming by to say hi! I know we live in the Midwest, but I really hate the snow! My little dog doesn't like it much either. The hubby had to make some paths in the yard for him. Your stitching project looks cute. Looking forward to seeeing it finished! Stay warm!

Anna van Schurman said...

Found your blog through the GYB party. My sister had twins (33 weeks) just last June, though not identical. I know how much work you're doing so I'll keep low expectations for updates. :) (I had pretty low output last summer and I was just cooking for my sister!) Good luck!