WIPocalypse 2012

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Late Turtle Trot and WIPocalypse

A little late but I do have some stitching to report for both the Turtle Trot and WIPocalypse SAL's. First up is Space Traveler which is on my list for both SAL's. I've got a before/after for you since it's been so long since the last time I picked it up...

Space Traveler 2/16/14 photo 69846F23-9263-483B-B46E-AD963CC7C21A_zpsfco3h0gn.jpg


Space Traveler 8/7/14 photo 38E03E0E-94DE-46D4-AA3A-63E38CB152C9_zpskrbeaky3.jpg


I'm very pleased with how this is turning out so far and am looking forward to continuing to work on it and get to some of the other parts I've seen stitched on other WIPs. I did take a short break from it to start a Halloween design from the special JCS Halloween issue. Sorry to say I didn't catch the designer but this is the beginning if the mummy on perforated paper...

JCS Mummy 8/13/14 photo 7469D1FB-5AE6-4CDC-A5B2-976E4F61A848_zps3fjclgbx.jpg


In answer to the WIPocalypse question of the month about oldest/newest WIPs I'd say the mummy is my newest with Space Traveler as my newest long term WIP. My oldest would have to be TW's Storyteller which I started sometime in the 1990's and just have never gotten back to. I'd love to finish and frame it someday as it is still one if my favorite TW designs.

Storyteller 1/1/12 photo 2995061550079669297GbKvAk_fs_zpsa8e4ed8b.jpg


In kid news we are less than a week away from the first day of school for Josh and he is very excited to be an almost kindergartener. He's got his backpack packed and uniform ready to go for Day 1.

Babies are still doing fine too, they hit 31 weeks today. I'm doing ok outside a little elevated blood pressure that's being monitored carefully. I got taken out of work on maternity leave this week too so it's starting to feel like we're getting close to their arrival. Hoping that means more time for stitching for a few weeks but so far it seems like all I've done is sleep and run errands! Oh and buy a car- we celebrated my first day off by trading in our Honda Civic for an Odyssey. Didn't exactly plan it that way but we happened upon a really good deal and we wanted to trade before I go back to work in January anyway so we couldn't pass it up. Just one less thing to do after the twins get here.

5 comments:

Deanne J said...

Lots of great progress on your stitching. Glad your doing well and congrats to Josh for starting Kindergarten

Pull the other thread said...

Great stitching progress on all your projects.

ricketyjo said...

Fab stitching, the space traveller piece looks really interesting! I know how you feel about wanting to get more stitching in... I'm just over 38 weeks now and I really want to stitch but I seem to be needing 2 or 3 naps a day! Best of luck with the twins and I hope Josh enjoys his first days of school :)

Suz said...

Lovely stitching! Every time I see a Space Traveller piece I get super excited about it. If it weren't for the Tardis, I would totally want to stitch that ;)

Jo said...

Great stitching, I hope you manage to relax a bit before the birth - with or without a needle in hand :)