WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, July 23, 2012

Stitching Olympics are coming!

I'd like to say I stitched a whole bunch over the past week but not so much. I got a few stitches here and there on Fish City but not really enough to take a picture of. I'll try and get one up by the end of my Fish City round on Thursday. It's been a busy one- daycare was closed so Josh was home all week, my little brother stayed with us while my parents were out of town (thanks for babysitting!), work, some adoption stuff and assorted appointments, a trip to the county fair. Oh and late yesterday we found out a toilet had been running at Mom and Dad's house while they were gone and overwhelmed the septic system to the tune of 2-3 inches of water in the basement and completely saturated lower level carpets. Yuck and that's all I have to say about that.This week though things are getting back to normal I think. No promises but here's hoping. Only have a few appointments and 3 days off to turn my house back to normal and get ready for the Stitching Olympics and a new project!


QS Pirate Dragon 7/23/12


HAED's QS Pirate Dragon is kitted and ready to go for the Opening Ceremonies on Friday. Looks like I'll miss the first hour and a half or so but I intend to sit up until tbe end or at least until my eyes cross and make a good start. I would love to get him close to finished since he is a QS but we'll see how much stitch time I really get over the next month. Anyone else competing or starting something new?

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I feel like I am really missing something. What are the stitching Olympics??? I assume it has something to do with stitching and the actual Olympics...

Shari said...

I like the idea!!!!! Start a new project for the Olympics......work on solely that during the Olympics!!! Not sure if that is your idea but that is my take..... have fun...I have seen someone else working on that piece...so fun to watch come to life!

Sara said...

Ladies- there are a couple official competitions that I know of. One is over on The Wagon BB and one on Measi's blog (link in my blog list) sorry for lack of links in hat post, I had written about it awhile back and well it was kinda late when I posted:)

Thanks for visiting!

Unknown said...

Don't say the O word!! They will shut you down just like they did Ravelry's O related knitting events. They sent nasty letters and it became something stupid. If you're not careful you'll end up as "The Stitching Event Inspired by the Bi-Annual Sporting Events"