WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, May 07, 2012

May WIPocalypse

More work and car accident-related stuff than stitching stuff going on this round but I plan to remedy that in May.  In answer to Dulcinella's question in comments about my shoulder- it's the left one and thank goodness I'm right handed so it doesn't really affect my stitching much.  I can prop it up in a comfortable spot and hold the hoop with my left hand for quite awhile before it starts to hurt.  Weeding and exercising are unfortunately another story but my hobby is safe for now:)  Anyway, on to the WIPocalypse stitching update for this month.
First up is the Fish City before/after...


Fish City 4/10/12
 
Fish City 5/5/12
 
A new fish has joined the city as well as some boring background. My goal for next round is to get the taxi cab fish just above the black and red fish done. I also got a little work in on Watergarden this round.

Watergarden 4/10/12
 
Watergarden 5/3/12
 
 
I'd love to get over to the next corner but I'll settle for finishing the gate in the center of this side as a goal for next round.  My current plan is to stitch Fish City until the TUSAL update and then finish out the round with Watergarden.  We'll see how close I can get to my goals.

6 comments:

Grit said...

What wonderful works. I love your Blog and I`m follow now your Blog.
Sorry for my English.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

geeky Heather said...

Great progress! Especially since you are injured. =) You are a WIP Warrior!!

Cheryl said...

Your tackling Fish City really impresses me. Don't think I could stick with it. I do love seeing the new fishies, though! And WG is full of awesome and WOW! I really need to move it up the list of Chats for me.

dulcinella said...

Good to hear your stitching hobby is safe:-) I love both these pieces and always enjoy the updates. It is a nice variation: something very cute and something very elegant! Good luck on your progress.

Elfie said...

Your projects are lovely, and I'm enjoying watching your progress. I'm glad your injury doesn;t prevent you from stitching. I hope it improves quickly.

Marcy said...

I love that fish city -- what a fun piece. May you heal quickly!