Santa is stitched on 32 count Days Gone By lugana by Silkweaver. I started him 9/9/07 and finished 8/30/10, almost 3 years later to the date. I substituted #4 Kreinik braid for the recommended #8 braid and I changed all the beads to Mill Hill petite substitutes. The petites just seemed to fit better on the fabric. The 02012 pink beads had a direct substitute with 42012. The other two I had to kind of fudge but I liked 40168 for the 02026 blue shade and ended up using 40374 instead of 03034 for the purple shade. I actually found by accident that there are at least two shades of 40374 out there. I found a lighter shade at House of Stitches that I really liked for the pink/purple beading at the branch edges but I just wasn't as happy with it for the details on Santa's hat or a few other spots so I went searching at a LNS that does mostly quilting but also has a little stitching stuff and found a darker petite bead that I really liked, brought it home and discovered today as I was putting things away that I actually had bought more 40374 but in a darker shade.
Not much more stitchy news to share right now. I'll have to find a new project tonight after the little one goes to bed and I rearrange my freezers. That's right, I said freezers. Erich and my Dad picked up our brand new freezer last night so now I've got some real room to store meat I find on sale and casseroles made ahead of time. No more cramped freezer above the fridge for me:) Yes, it really does take very little to make me happy but this will make both my boys happy when I get back to work and am not home to cook every night. Not to say that Erich won't cook because he will but the results are well, a little mixed sometimes to put it nicely.