WIPocalypse 2012

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving treat

Thanks for the happy adoption thoughts, hopefully they'll bring good things. The update this past week said that they're hoping to start getting the next trip dates from Russia as early as next week so that would be something to be very thankful for come next Thursday. We're trying not to get our hopes up that we'll be in there but that's much easier said than done.

At the moment I'm content with being thankful for the extra week of vacation I have which I will be using starting tomorrow. Apparently no one in our zone wanted Thanksgiving week off and the scheduler was going to have a hard time getting all the floaters enough hours so I took advantage of the situation and now with the way the current schedule falls I'm off until December 1. I'm really looking forward to the time off especially since my Mom is off too so hopefully we'll get some time to spend together. Erich's going to have a few days off too so that'll be nice. My goal is to get all the projects I want done early so I have time to play around the holiday and after. We already got the yard ready for winter and Christmas lights up (but not on until next Friday!) yesterday and there are a few more small projects but other than that I'm looking forward to some extra stitching time, a bit of reading (picked up Stephen King's new one yesterday) and a bit of time with the new Wii Super Mario game. All that and I've still got another week to take if we don't make it back to Russia this year so maybe I'll get lucky enough to do the same thing around Christmas one way or another.

As for stitching pics I don't have much to show as I've mostly been working on TWCOE ornies but this afternoon I finally finished the black outline of Ink Circles Kaleidoscope.

Kaleidoscope 11/21/09


Now I just have to color everything in. Probably an ambitious goal but I'd love to have it done before I go back to work. We'll see.

4 comments:

Missy Ann said...

Ooooo pretty! Enjoy your vacation. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, your stitching looks fantastic!! Enjoy your holiday and thanks for mentioning the new Stephen King novel (The Dome?) because I was looking for a Christmas gift idea for my dad!

Christine S said...

Sorry, Sara, that last comment was from me...didn't realize my DH was signed in!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Enjoy your time off!!!! I'm jealous!

Kaliedascope looks great, a friend of mine stitched it up and it looked fantastic!