WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, September 07, 2009

September is finally here!

Now we just need to hear about our court date. Hopefully the news is coming soon. I admit this wait is the hardest thing I've ever been through and some days it seems like it's never going to end. Everyone assures me it will though. We just finished updating all of our paperwork for the things that will expire sometime in September. I hope we hear soon, there's a bunch of stuff expiring in October and I really don't want to have to do all that again.

Anyway, enough of my whining (for now anyway, I've got lots more but I'm sure you all don't really want to read it). There are actually happy things going on. Last night I finished as much as I can of the jungle birth announcement I've been working on for my cousin. She still hasn't had the baby but I saw her the other day and it's gotta be soon. Excuse the blurry pic, light and the camera weren't cooperating this morning but I wanted to get something up as I need some opinions...


Jungle Birth Announcement 9/7/09
I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far. Not sure how well you can see it but there is a dotted blue line running around the center of the piece. I guess that's to show how the animals have been frolicking about or something like that. My question though is about the right hand side of the design, particularly the area between the monkey and the lion. Directly under "Welcome To The Jungle" will be the baby's info but off to the right of the wording there was originally a toucan that I just didn't like and couldn't really change his colors to my liking so I left him off and am now debating if I need to fill in that area or just leave it all as it is now. I did find a freebie pattern of a little dragonfly and could use that and the little swirly that was supposed to follow the toucan to fill in the area or if anyone has a better idea I'm listening. I figure I'll make the final decision when I fill in the baby's info so I've got at least a few days to think on it.

For now I'm intending to enjoy my last day off before heading back to work. Now that my obligation stitching is done I'm moving onto Skeleton Crew and plan to work on that today since I'll be by myself for most of it. Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

Missy Ann said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for that court date.

Jungle is cute. I'd leave it as is. My problem with adding something is that when it's from a different designer, it always seems to be glaring. Like oh look, that bit was added on.