WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, April 20, 2009

Impatiently waiting...

Vacation is so close it hurts! I've been waiting sort of patiently the last 6 weeks or so but I'm so done with that now. Saturday can not come fast enough. And the sad thing is that we're super-prepared so I don't even really have much last minute running around to do. All of the documents we have to take are gathered and filed in little expanding plastic file, passports and visas are ready to go, luggage is out and everything we're taking is gathered in one room waiting to be packed. The dog is set to go to my parents' house, we just have to break down his crate and drive him over. My stitching is condensed into a little 8x11 mesh bag so I don't even need to worry about what to take. Basically all I have to do for the next 4 days is work and eventually fold up my clothes and place them in the suitcase. Only reason I haven't done that yet is we're waiting to get a bit more of a weather forecast. So far it looks like we'll be enjoying temps in the 50-60 degree F range which is way better than I expected. Looks like rain is predicted for the days we'll be in Siberia but it could be snow so I'm not complaining.

I'm itching to get started on Dossier #2 but there's really nothing I can do until we get back from the trip. Instead I've turned my attention to my craft room and Fish City. I can see the top of my craft table again which is quite nice. I've also filled in quite a bit of the grayish building in Fish City, added another fish and stitched a good chunk of the bus fish. I'm sure I'll get a good chunk more done before we leave and I'll try and post a pic on Friday since there will likely be a lot of free time to fill then.

3 comments:

Missy Ann said...

Excited for you. :)

Erin (moviemuse) said...

I can't believe it is here already! I know the wait has been agonizing for you, but it really seems to have flown by. I'm so excited for you two!!!

Jo said...

But you are so close now (2 days after you posted!!) - next week is going to be so exciting - I hope everything goes perfectly for you both