WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, July 16, 2007

A Bit of Everything

Wow, I need to get back here a bit more regularly! Sorry for the delay between posts. A few things happened and my time was a little short so not much time for blogging. Anyway, I've had a nice weekend to get back on track and hopefully post a bit more often.

The most exciting news is that Erich's boss offered him a pair of tickets to the Brickyard 400 last week so we took them and will be enjoying them in a few weeks. I'm quite excited as I've only been to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway once but both Erich and I got to kiss the bricks so we can say we've done that when we watch the winner do it. We happened to be at the track awhile ago on one of the days where they do their big grounds tour and got to go all over the pagoda and various buildings. The tour included a trip around the track and they let us off at the start/finish line where we could stop and take pics and kiss the bricks if we so desired so of course we took advantage of that. I'll have to see if I can find the pics, I think they're still on the camera!

And then two weeks after that we've got tickets to the Bristol races so it's just going to be a Nascar summer! Still have to make plans for the rest of that vacation yet though. We've got a few extra days to go explore somewhere in the area, just haven't decided where yet.

All the parents are still recovering nicely. My mom got released from home so she's quite excited that she can go out and drive now.

Bob Barker will thank us- we had Leland neutered last week and spent the weekend trying to keep him quiet. That has been an experience but the incision is healing nicely and hopefully he'll be back to chasing birds by this weekend. He seems completely unaffected by the whole thing except that he doesn't quite understand why we won't let him run around and play rough right now.

Knocked a few more off the 101 in 1001 list. We bought a Wii (#99) and have been having a lot of fun with that and now we're going to the Brickyard 400 (#51). That's 4 down and 97 more to go!

I've been stitching a bit, mostly on QS Dragonfly and on QS Pegasus and Castle Bubble this last weekend for the SAL Challenge Weekend on the HAED BB. I'll try to get some pics up this week. I'll probably have quite a bit of stitching time this week as it looks like some nasty hot weather has been predicted for us.

Take care and keep cool til next time!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm jealous of ya'll going to these Nascar races! Maybe one day we will get to the same one at the same time! LOL ENJOY - I know you will!!! Hugs to the pup! Suz