WIPocalypse 2012

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Five Questions Meme

The Thought Gatherer got me again:)

Five Questions.. and Five Things...

For the first part, 5 Questions - my dear readers can ask me five questions--either in comments or feel free to email them if you'd prefer. I'll answer them in the blog as soon as time allows.

For the second, Five Things About Me:

Here are the rules:
1. Get tagged.
2. List five things that have not been revealed on your blog.
3. Tag five others.

Okay, 5 things I don't think I've revealed in my blog yet...

1. Though I'm a huge Purdue fan now, I grew up in South Bend, Indiana-home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and used to be a big ND fan before I got smart and converted.

2. I think I've mentioned my younger brother, Adam, before but don't think I've told you that he's 16 years younger than me and there's no other siblings between us. He gets mistaken as my son a lot, especially if Erich and I take him out without my parents.

3. I almost wasn't a retail pharmacist. I was very close to accepting a position as a nuclear pharmacist but decided not to because I thought I'd miss interacting with the customers. Nuclear pharmacists work with radioactive compounds used for diagnostic imaging. There are a few compounds coming out now for cancer treatment and such but these are not chemotherapies. That's a whole other branch of pharmacy.

4. I met Anne Rice at a book signing at the local Barnes & Noble when her new book was Servant of the Bones. She said she really liked my t-shirt (it had a pic of several penguins watching the northern lights on it).

5. I met my husband at church when we were about 6 years old. We attended Sunday School classes together until 7th grade and our families have known each other for over 20 years now. Erich and I didn't talk much in high school (went to different schools) but something just clicked when I came home once from college and now we've been married almost 3 years.

Now, 5 people to tag. I'll try Belinda, Polly, Jenn, Cindy, and Christine.

Have fun!

3 comments:

Karin said...

1) What do you like best about living in Indiana?

2) Why did you decide to study pharmacy?

3) What is your favorite stitched piece?

Karen said...

Ooooh! You met Anne Rice! Too cool.

Let's see....

1. Why do you like Flamingos? If you could keep one as a pet, would you?

2. What's your favorite Anne Rice book?

3. Favorite thing to do while stitching (TV, movie, radio, etc...)

Anonymous said...

1. What is your favorite food?
2. Do you do anything crafty apart from Cross Stitch?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. How do you get your craft stash?
5. Do you like cooking?