WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, January 03, 2021

Welcome to 2021

 So the end of the year got to me- still working, still virtual schooling 3 kids, took 3 week break from everything in December to battle covid but I recovered and I’m mostly fine now. Still dealing with a few weird after effects but apparently that is normal. 

Crafting for the last couple months has been mostly confined to Christmas presents and I still owe some ornaments to dear friends who understand and a beaded box to my grandmother who also completely understands. 

I don’t have a lot of cross stitch progress to show for 2020. I made very little progress on Fish City and stitched 4 ornaments that still need finishing off. I did finish the Vervaco birth announcement but it is buried right now so I’ll have to get a picture when I take it for framing. I did sew a ton of masks and do a fair amount of beadwork so I do have some pics to show off for the year...




The boxes and flower designs are by Threadabead and the star pattern is from Dimarca. 

I don’t want to set a rigid list of goals for 2021 since I’m not quite sure what it will bring. I hope to do some beading or stitching daily. While the kids are doing virtual school it is easier to work on small stitching or beading projects. The HAED bug also bit recently so I’m working on getting an alternate stitching space for bigger projects set up in the living room. It should be ready within a week or so as soon as my new lamp arrives. I’ve currently got a spot in the downstairs family room but it’s not always the most convenient spot to keep an eye on what the boys are up to outside of school hours. 

My current goal, subject to change with the first shiny, new project I see, is to get as far as I can on Coppervein. I took a quick starter pic last night, hoping to have a lot to show at the end of the month. I remember this particular page being a real challenge with all of its light shades but I have been pushing through without issue last night and this morning. 



I hope to alternate this project with finishing off the last ornaments I owe and the beaded box I mentioned above and have some pictures of the smaller projects finished, maybe even a page finish on the HAED by next time. I hope everyone made it through 2020 safely and has had a happy holiday season. 








5 comments:

Cathy said...

Sara all I can say about your beaded projects is WOW! I think you accomplished alot for 2020 since you have children at home. Looking forward to seeing your updates in 2021

Amy Davidson said...

Your beadwork is beautiful!!

Family first but I hope you get plenty of restorative stitching time in 2021.

Claudette497 said...

The beadwork is amazing and I love the HAED!

Terri said...

Gorgeous beadwork, especially the poinsettia!

Susan said...

LOVE the beadwork - makes me want to pull mine back out. It's all beautiful but especially love the stars. Watching people stitch HaEDs is one of my past times, so looking forward to watching yours.