WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Happy 2016!

Happy New Year everyone! So far 2016 has been calm and quiet and hoping it stays that way. I've had a nice long weekend home with the boys and unfortunately have to return to work tomorrow but that's ok, we've had lots of fun.  Josh got to stay up for his first ball drop on New Year's Eve so we passed the time watching Minions and stitching (at least I did). We took him to see the new Star Wars yesterday and mostly just hung around home today.

I did end up picking up a new WIP to ring in the new year, the confetti on Space Traveler was just too much at the moment so I switched over to another HAED, Dragon Master, which is a little lighter on the confetti.  This is what it looked like after my evening of stitching though there's a bit more done now...


I actually managed a page finish before midnight, bringing me up to 2 of 77 pages complete.  One of them is a partial but a page is still a page in HAED stitching! I'm hoping to finish this one sometime before I retire at the rate I'm going.  

I also emptied out my ort jar a couple days ago, made more orts in 2015 than I expected with all the boys around but hoping to do even more in 2016.


That's about all that's going on here. I'm slowly making my way through my blog list and trying to read about what everyone else is doing. I'm also trying to update the list on my sidebar and remove the links that haven't been updated in multiple years. Let me know if I accidentally remove you and you're active! Still working on 2016 goals too, hoping to have settled on a few specific ones by next WIPocalypse time.





1 comment:

Pull the other thread said...

Sounds like you had a good New Year. Lovely stitching on your new start.