WIPocalypse 2012

Thursday, June 26, 2008

So much for normal...

...and it's just as well, I probably wouldn't know what to do with normal anyway. I was hoping to settle into a nice, quiet long weekend but that's probably not going to happen. My partner at work let me know he wants me to cash in on the day I owe him so I'm working Sunday now. I do owe him and it's good to get it over with, just wish it wasn't this weekend. Oh well. Then my MIL calls to let me know that she's trying to get hold of Erich because his grandfather is headed back to the hospital. They thought he was getting an infection after the knee surgery but now they're saying it is pulmonary embolism so all good thoughts for him are much appreciated. Erich is headed there after work today and I'll probably go tomorrow as I get off pretty late tonight.

In happier news, the dog is doing much better. We discovered that he has allergies right before we left for vacation and have been medicating appropriately but he got into something at my parents' house while we were gone and came home with a rash all over his belly. It was healing slowly but we started a prednisone taper a few days ago and it is almost healed now so I'm sure that he's feeling much better if he even noticed there was a problem. He sure didn't act like it bothered him but we thought it looked uncomfortable.

I did get some stitchy updates uploaded recently. Some are from vacation stitching, some not. I was very excited to get Erich's 5 and 7 year old cousins interested in stitching while we were gone. They watched me the first couple days and thought it was really cool so we found a Michaels and got them some easy plastic canvas kits which they very very happy with and started immediately. In between threading needles and helping them out I managed to get some stitching done...

Noah's Sub got some attention in the car on the way to vacation. I finished the second window and started on the water above it.

Noah's Sub 6/19/08


I also got the stitching done for M Design's Rejoice. I still have to add the beads but didn't want to bring them on vacation so I'll get around to that one of these days. I did it over 1 on 28 or 32 ct fabric (can't remember which I had on hand) with WDW Bethlehem which is a gorgeous color in person, a little brighter than the pic shows.

Rejoice 6/19/08


Then on the way home I finished an Ink Circles freebie I've had laying around for awhile. I think it's the Sept 2006 freebie knot. I'm stitching it on some unknown evenweave with Dinky Dye's Daydream. I stitched the knot and then did the inverse on another piece of fabric so I can turn them into a biscornu someday.

Celtic Knot Part 1 6/19/08Celtic Knot Part 2 6/19/08


And finally, I've been stitching away on Kaleidoscope from Ink Circles since I've been home. The piece is just so much fun to stitch that I'm having a hard time putting it down though I think I might to pull out Santa's Magic for Christmas in July on The Wagon next month. Here's where I was a few days ago though. I've made some more progress since then and now have worked the outline all the way up to the upper left corner. Now to fill it in!

Kaleidoscope 6/19/08


That's about all for now. Hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments: