WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, February 01, 2021

January 2021 WIPocalypse

 Made it back for the end of January, that’s a good start for 2021! Thank you all for all the kind words about my projects. Cross stitch is my first love but beading has a special place in my heart too. I’m not the best finisher but beadwork takes care of that by incorporating the finishing into the pattern. I have enjoyed looking at all of your work too even if I haven’t been able to comment on all of the posts. 

So I didn’t work on a variety of projects this month but I did start a new Threadabead box, the cardinal and snowman one. It’s my go to during virtual kindergarten and is just pieces at the moment but that snowman is adorable! Hoping to finish him off in February so he can move on to his new home.



Next up is Coppervein who got a lot of love in January. Now would probably be a good time to answer January’s question of the month too which deals with a project I’m struggling on. This one is definitely it, or was at least. That white/blue water and wave mix at the bottom is the reason I put this down after the last time I worked on it. It just seemed endless and difficult because of all the similar colors and confetti. When I picked it up this time though I used an alternating approach and did a thread length of white/blue and then a thread length of any other color. It was still hard but I pushed through and am now happily working through the reds of the wing on toward the sky. My goal is to put a good dent on this one in 2021. I’d love to finish but I know I don’t stitch that fast. It needs to be a top priority though as it is a gift promised to my brother when finished and it’s been hanging around the WIP pile for several years now. I’m at 7/45 pages complete now. 


One last bit of progress to report. I did get my ornaments partially finished only to discover when I turned them right side out after stitching the backing fabric on 3ish sides that they had met the highlighter at some point. Of course it was green highlighter on white stitching so they’ve spent a couple days soaking and I believe I got it all out. Phew! Hoping to stuff them and send them on their way in February too. See you all at the end of the month! 





No comments: