WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, March 26, 2017

March WIPocalypse and TUSAL

So this month you get a double check-in since WIPocalypse, hosted by Measi, and TUSAL, hosted by Daffycat, fall right around the same time and it is highly unlikely I'll actually make it back for a second check-in in just a couple days. I finally got the TUSAL dates into my master calendar so hopefully I'll remember it more often now. 

So let's start with TUSAL since it's the quicker one (show off your orts for fun) and kind of leads into the other check-in. Here's my collection of orts for the moment. This is the whole year's worth as I only empty the jar on January 1. I've been stitching a lot of HAED lately so I don't exactly have a need to empty more often since I'm stitching 1x1 on 28 count most of the time. 



Not too impressive so far but we'll get there. Not sure I'll be adding much this month as we've got bunches of things packed in- Spring break which doesn't mean much to my 2nd grader except that we're planning a museum day trip, Easter, the beginning of soccer season, 3 big family birthdays and a First Communion and party. May should be more stitchy as I'm attending Celebration of Needlework in Nashua and plan on making the most of my kid free crafty time. 

So moving on to WIPocalypse, where I'm attempting to stitch the everything before the world ends. Here's what's been making all those orts. 

First up is Coppervein and I finally finished my page for the HAED Facebook challenge. One down and 52 1/2 to go!


Made a little progress on the Jim Shore angel but really just spent most of my time frogging it back out. Hoping to get farther on those wings this month. 


And finally my soon to be WIP- Long Dog Sampler's Castles in the Air. I've got a bit of prep work to do on this one but I think it will be worth the effort. I'll be stitching on 32 count Lupine linen from Picture This Plus with DMC 712. I'm working on recharging the words at the bottom right now. I'm not loving them so I'm replacing them with a quote from Thoreau instead. I think to do it properly so the words all fit in a reasonable space and have a good amount of detail I'll be doing a little over 1 stitching in this section and maybe add a few small motifs in some of the empty space so it looks more like part of the original. I'm hoping to get this going and take it to Celebration since it's just one color and should be pretty easy going outside the quote area. 



And let's not forget my helpers while taking pictures this morning. Apparently we're in the clothes optional phase of toddlerdom.



Can't wait to see what everyone else has been stitching!

4 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

I love the linen color for the sampler piece you are starting, good luck rearranging adding in the different quote-what a fun way to make your sampler uniquely your own.

OhSewCrafty said...

Ate you using the castles in the air quote? I love that one. Congrats on your page finish, it looks fantastic.

Sara said...

Thank you!

Sara said...

I am!! Just finished the rough draft last night and am working on cleaning up the spacing and probably filling in some holes with a couple small bugs or butterlies from other parts of the piece.