WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, December 26, 2010

So Christmas is over and suddenly I find myself with free time again. My work with my previous employer is done, new job doesn't start until the new year. Christmas is done so all the work associated with it is done too. Hmm, what to do now? I vote for play with Josh and stitch all week. Maybe a trip out to House of Stitches too. After all, I do have some Christmas money now and I need fabric, a big piece. I've been drooling over a new HAED, Dragon Master from Myles Pinkney and it'd be nice to start it around the new year especially if I can catch a good DMC sale soon. For now I'm working on another HAED, QS Believe which has been lying around for quite awhile. It's so close to being finished, less than a page to go so I think I'll see how far I can get for the rest of December.

Oh, and I brought lots of pictures today too. First up is Joshua's first attempt at decorating Christmas cookies.

12/20/10 Decorating cookies with Mom


12/20/10 Joshua's cookie


We weren't sure he'd be interested but he really liked throwing sprinkles at the cookies!

I did manage to make my goal of finishing enough ornaments to give out as gifts this year. Some have been shown here before as finished stitching but this is all of them together as finished gifts...

2010 gifts


More 2010 gifts


All of them are from JCS issues except the Joy ornament which came from a Better Homes & Gardens Christmas book. I'll have to gather all the info and get my sidebar updated for finishes.

And finally, yes we had a wonderful first Christmas together as a family of 3 this year. We did make it to church and two family events on Christmas Eve and were able to spend Christmas Day at home enjoying company and new toys. Erich and I were up early Christmas morning and took some time to enjoy our nice, clean, and quiet living room before Joshua woke up.

12/25/10 Christmas morning


It must just be wired into kids' brains that Christmas is something to be excited about because he woke up happy and excited as if he knew there were presents waiting for him and it didn't take too long to get them all open.

12/25/10 Santa came!


12/25/10 Opening presents


12/25/10 Christmas morning- the after picture


And of course Josh's favorite part was helping Dad get all his toys put together. I see a tool bench coming from Santa next year.

12/25/10 Helping Dad put toys together


We ended up having all the parents and grandparents over for Christmas dinner which was nice and Joshua got to show off all of his new toys. Today's been nice as it's been just the three of us and a lazy day at that. Off to get some dinner together by which I mean heat up some leftovers and then get back to playing and stitching. I'll try and get a new QS Believe pic up soon to update you. Hope everyone that celebrated had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: