WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bluebell's finished!

I finally finished her last night! She was a lot more trouble than I originally thought when I started her but I'm happy with the finished results.


Bluebell 1/18/10


Bluebell by Nora Corbett, started 7/26/09 and finished 1/18/10. She's stitched on a 32 count lugana Silkweaver solo and I did make some modifications. The skin is stitched with DMC 754 as charted for the darker tone and a blend of 754/948 for the lighter tone. I also used seed beads instead of the larger crystal beads for the dew drops on her bluebells and the line of crystal beads along the bottom. I did bead as charted at first but wasn't happy with the result, the large beads were just too big for me.

I did get a pic of the larger beads before I frogged them...


Bluebell 1/17/10

They probably would have been fine on a lower count fabric but I didn't like them on this one which is disappointing because I did like the effect on some of the other finishes I've seen but I've still sort of got it with the line of blue/green beads on the skirt of her dress.

I'm still in the mood to stitch pretty ladies so I did pull out Titania last night and will probably work on her for awhile now.

9 comments:

Annette said...

She's gorgeous!! Congratulations :)

(FYI - my blog has moved to http://www.annettesacre.com if you want to update the sidebar)

-Annette

Shelleen said...

she is gorgeous!!

Terri said...

She is gorgeous. I love her a lot

Jo said...

Wonderful finish. I like your modifications, the smaller beads are more subtle

Christine said...

I posted on the Wagon but congrats again!! I really love how she turned out.

Cheryl said...

Oh, she's a looker! Wonderful finish.

Missy Ann said...

Beautiful finish!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! She's very sparkly :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats, she's gorgeous and just shimmers!