WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, October 06, 2008

We're back

We've been back for awhile now but unpacking and life and then repacking to go camping have kept me pretty busy.

We had a good time at Mackinac and took lots and lots of pics on the island. I'll share more about that when I get my pics uploaded. I should have some time starting tomorrow. Poor Erich was stuck in class for two days of work training but I had a good time shopping in Grand Rapids during the second part of our vacation week. I even had time to meet up with another BBer for lunch and a shopping trip to Stitching Bits and Bobs where I probably spent more money than I should have but it was fun anyway.

Last week was kind of hectic with trying to get back into the work routine and getting everything unpacked and in order again. Then we had to repack for a camping trip last weekend with my parents, brother, and cousins. We took the dog too so we had some extra stuff for him. He did very well on his first camping trip, only hassle was that he didn't want to sleep in his crate so we ended up letting him sleep in between us instead and he was very good after that. We took him on a long walk through a couple of the walking trails in the park and he absolutely loved that. It turned out to be a bit longer than we intended as we took a wrong turn and ended up on a trail not on the map but was a lot of fun anyway. We got to see wild turkeys and a few deer. I wish I would have remembered my camera so I could have taken some Adventure Doggie pics. We bought him a doggie backpack before the trip so he could carry some water bottles and treats on the trail and he looked so cute in it! He didn't mind wearing it either.

No new adoption news for those following that. We're still waiting on the home study and are hoping to get the paperwork back from it this month.

Not much else going on here. I've got plenty of pics to share both vacation and stitching though so I'll try to get some of those uploaded tomorrow since Erich works late.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a nice vacation. I lived in Grand Rapids about 25 years but didn't even know about Stitching Bits. I went to some other LNS shops though.