WIPocalypse 2012

Saturday, July 19, 2008

SBQ 7/9/08

It's raining, it looks like the humidity is still hanging around and work is dead slow right now. What better time for a bit of blogging.

Random thought for the day- Why is it that it cost me $10 for a copy of my birth certificate (additional copies are reasonably priced at $7 each, whoo hoo) but only $1 per copy of my marriage license? You'd think they'd be similarly priced but I guess not. Can't wait to see what the IRS charges when we have to request copies of previous year's tax paperwork.

Not much else going on today, no stitchy pics but I should update Santa again soon. He's growing and I've almost stitched up from the bottom corner back up to his head and beard so yay me. I'll get a pic up next week sometime. For now, I found a recent SBQ...

How do you balance your stitching time with your other obligations such as work, household chores, etc.?

I work a mix of early and late shifts at work 8-2:30 or 2:30-9 so sometimes I'm home when the DH is and sometimes not. The shift I work pretty much determines what kind of stitching time I have. If I'm home by myself in the morning I tend to work around the house until around noon or so and take the last couple hours before work as "me" time for stitching or whatever. If I'm home in the evening sometimes I get stitching time and sometimes not. It all depends on what else needs to be done and whether or not we're home. We try to take one night a week to do something fun and try to share the housework and spread it out throughout the week but that doesn't always work out too well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Sara I gave you an award. Check out my blog to see it.