WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

An exciting 101 in 1001 update

I was browsing my 101 in 1001 list this morning for things I haven't yet done but probably ought to do and it hit me that I haven't said anything here about one of the items on the list that is now in progress. Erich and I decided awhile ago that the time is right to start expanding our family so we've been doing some research and are quite proud to say that if all goes well we hope to be traveling next year to complete an international adoption. We're not 100% sure of the country yet (that's where the paperwork comes in, we're making sure we'd be approved in our country of choice at the moment). We're hoping for an infant of either gender which seems to mean anything up to almost 2 years of age and that's fine with us. As another couple we know who has done this says- it's not so bad getting a child that already sleeps all night:) Wish us lots of luck and patience and I'll try to keep you all updated as much as possible as we go through the process.

Also, I do have vacation pics and will get them up in the next couple days. Off to go get some work done!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

That's SO exciting! I can't wait to hear that you are "expecting"!!! Suz

Erica said...

Congratulations on starting the process for adopting your child. It's a big step.

My favorite definition of adoption (as told by a young child): "It means you grew in your Mommy's heart instead of her stomach.".

As an adoptee all I can say is there's nothing better than being chosen. :-)

Hazel said...

How exciting. I'm all for it! Keep us informed. xx