WIPocalypse 2012

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

SBQ Catch Up

Leland isn't allowing me much computer time today so I'm going to quickly type up a few of the SBQs I've missed. He's stuck inside because of the rain so no walks or helping himself to the outdoor buffet that my plants have become. Oh well, maybe a game of fetch will wear him out a bit! If not, I know a Kong toy stuffed with peanut butter paste (the doggie kind made by Kong) and a bit of kibble will keep him occupied for awhile.


Feb 8: Have you ever been to a stitching retreat?

No, not yet. I'd love to do it one day but just haven't had the extra time lately.


Feb 14: Do you like to buy "chartpacks" that include charms, buttons, and/orbeads or do you prefer to gather all materials yourself?

Depends on the project. If I know I'm not going to swap anything I'm all for a chartpak but sometimes I like to substitute so I would prefer to pick up things on my own for those projects. Lately I'm more likely to want to swap out the fabric or fibers than anything else though since I've discovered hand-dyed and over-dyed items.


Feb 21: What is the smallest count fabric you have ever used? Did you stitch over one? Conversely, what is the largest count fabric you have ever used?

The smallest count I've used so far is 36ct and that was over 2. The smallest I've stitched over 1 on is 32ct for my TW Nativity. I do have a piece of 40ct silk gauze that I would like to stitch on, just haven't worked into rotation yet.

The largest I think I've done was the ornament and snowflake towels I did for Erich's aunt a few Christmases ago. I believe they were 11ct.

No comments: