WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, February 19, 2007

Racing is back

Nascar racing and The Amazing Race all in one day yesterday:) And that means a good deal of stitching time while watching too. I was planning to work on QS Dragonfly but got sidetracked by Titania instead. I'm very excited to share that she's not an unrecognizable blob anymore, there's actually a fairy there! I'll get some new pics up soon. But on to the racing...

The Daytona 500 was quite exciting between all the wrecks, poor Clint Bowyer crossing the finish line upside down, and Mark Martin almost winning. I was really pulling for him. And Sadler finished #6 which is excellent considering his poor finishes last year. Hopefully this is just a taste of things to come and he'll have a better year with his new team at Evernham.

It just broke my heart to see Tony Stewart wreck, esp after all the hype of him sweeping the Daytona races. Poor thing. (Yes, that was sarcasm)

The Amazing Race didn't disappoint either. I was happy to see my two favorite teams not get eliminated the first time out though it did pain me to see Rob & Amber come in first. Oh well, there's a long race to go yet and if I recall correctly, they were in first quite a lot during their last race too but still ended up losing.

The most exciting thing to happen this weekend though was that my vacation finally got approved by our corporate office and so in just under a month Erich and I will be headed to Tennessee for the March Bristol race and wherever else we decide to stop for a few days. Atlanta's still top of the list since it's so close and we've never been before. We know it's around 4-5 hours from where we're staying for the race weekend but we really do like to drive as long as the weather's decent.

No comments: