Well, no happy dance yet but I did get something else accomplished yesterday. Erich was nice enough to take me out to dinner and out for a bit of shopping last night so I was able to get certain items needed to go with a bridesmaid's dress I'm wearing in a friend's wedding next month. I should also confess that we spent way too much time in the pet store playing with an adorable lab puppy that I would have gladly taken home if Erich hadn't talked me out of it. It would be nice to have a dog around but we probably shouldn't right now, not to mention that I really would rather get one from the shelter than pay hundreds of dollars to a pet store for one that came from some puppy mill. Oh well, maybe in this spring...
Anyway, I'm off to an alterations shop this morning and then to my LNS to use a birthday gift certificate for Kreinik to finish kitting Santa's Magic. I work tonight but I promise I'm coming home after to finish off EGW.
So for now I leave you with a meme.
I got tagged by Karen:
List 6 weird things about yourself and then tag 6 other people.
Hmmm, only 6. All right, here goes...
1. I don't like to sleep with the bedroom door open, not sure if I've seen too many scary movies or what but I sleep much better when the door is closed all the way.
2. I plan on putting a couple of lawn flamingos in my backyard. Yes, on purpose. But if you read this blog that probably doesn't surprise you much.
3. Though I am a pharmacist and love scary/horror movies, I really don't do well with real blood. I always weaseled my way out of watching procedures and bloody things when I interned/externed in hospital settings. I almost passed out the one time I did get close to seeing a pretty nasty, bloody hand injury. Guess that's why I got a PharmD, not an MD.
4. I like ketchup on my scrambled eggs. I think it's weird, don't know anyone else who does.
5. Perhaps this is just weird in the stitching world, but I see nothing wrong with using masking tape on the edges of my fabric while I'm stitching instead of serging or whatever else y'all do. I almost always take it off before framing but it's faster and easier than serging or whip-stitching my edges.
6. I hate wrinkles in clothing. I don't care where I'm going or what I'm wearing but it absolutely cannot be wrinkly. The only exception is pajamas that I'm not leaving the house in and no one but my husband will see me in. Today, for example, is a casual day at work (Colts/Bears attire plus jeans) so I will probably get dressed for work this morning before I do errands so I can be ready if things take too long and I need to go straight to work after I'm done instead of coming home. I plan on wearing jeans and a sweatshirt but I'm pretty sure the jeans I want to wear sat in the dryer a little too long when they were dryed so I will run the iron over them quickly before I put them on.
I'll tag Danielle, Suzanne, Michelle, Karin, Melissa, and Hazel. Now you're It!!