WIPocalypse 2012

Thursday, November 09, 2006

2 SBQ's and a Shameless Comment Beg

I'm behind now so I better catch up on the SBQ's:

November 1:How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random, or does it have a special meaning to you or about you?

It was not random, the flamingo does have special meaning to me. My love of the pink birds goes back to college when my roommate and I adopted a plastic lawn flamingo as our mascot. He appeared in the tree outside our dorm after a particularly nasty thunderstorm. He was stuck way up in the top branches so we never were able to get him down but it made us smile to see him up there on the way into our dorm every day after class. We both bought stuffed plush flamingos in his memory and that's where my collection started. I thought of the blog title late one slow night at work. I chose it because it is a bit different but it fits me.

November 8:How many different brands of “complete” embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (i.e., spread sheet program, index cards, palm pilot, etc.)

None. I really don't keep track of the floss I own either except to organize it into groups by type. I have a ton of DMC so that goes on cardboard bobbins and then goes into those little divided craft boxes in numeric order. Everything else is in baggies organized by type- Weeks Dye Works, GAST, Caron, etc.

I've been watching this comment contest on several blogs and finally stole it from Margaret's blog:

The first five people to respond to this post (via the comments section) will get some form of a goodie from me. Haven't decided yet if it'll be a handmade item, RAK, or homemade treat so you'll be shocked when you get it. After you comment, please email me (sarajorgensen@yahoo.com) your snail mail address. Think of it as something to look forward to getting in the mail. The fine print on this is that if you comment, you need to add this to your blog and continue sharing the wealth!

No comments: